What to Donate
Donations are critical to Goodwill’s ability to provide much-needed services to the local community. When deciding what to donate to Goodwill, please take a minute to review the following lists before bringing your items to one of our convenient donation sites. To estimate the value of your donation, please go to http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p561.pdf. Or to see what the items might cost in a Goodwill Store, please visit www.goodwillpromo.org.
Please note that according to the Pension Reform Act of 2006: Donated items must be in good condition in order to claim a deduction, and a qualified appraisal must accompany claims greater than $500. The law does not define "good condition," and the IRS says defining the condition and value of the items is the responsibility of the donor.
To protect your generous donation from vandalism or theft, we ask that you please donate during posted hours.
Goodwill accepts items like these in good condition:
Goodwill also accepts the following computer equipment for recycling through Dell Reconnect:
- Antiques, collectibles
- Appliances (small)
- Bedspreads, blankets, curtains, tablecloths, decorative pillows
- Books, records, tapes, CDs, DVDs
- Clothing, belts, scarves, ties, pocketbooks
- Cookware, dishes, pots and pans
- Housewares and decorative items
- Sporting goods
- Laptop Batteries
- Ink/Toner Cartridges
- Hard Drives
- Cords & Cables
What we do not accept:
Goodwill is unable to accept the following items (due to the high cost of disposal, safety concerns, and/or strict government regulations):
- Any items in need of repair or with missing parts
- Auto parts or auto accessories
- Baby furnishings (strollers, car seats, high chairs, cribs)
- Camping equipment containing gas, oil or butane
- Children's toys
- Exercise equipment
- Fish tanks
- Food or beverages
- Furnaces or wall heaters
- Furniture in need of repair or reupholstering
- Gas-powered garden tools (lawn mowers, weed whackers, etc.)
- Hazardous materials including, but not limited to, paint, oil, cleaning products, batteries, and extinguishers
- Large appliances (washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers, refrigerators)
- Large office furniture
- Live animals
- Mattresses, box springs, waterbeds, bed frames, futons, futon frames, pillows
- Pianos and organs
- Plumbing or building supplies (cabinets, doors, etc.)
- Recyclable consumer materials (aluminum, glass, plastic, corrugated material)
- Sofa beds
- Snow skis
- Water heaters
Did you know?
Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries collaborates with hundreds of employers to promote and facilitate the hiring of individuals facing barriers to employment. These collaborations bring trained, dedicated employees to the workforce, and help people achieve independence and dignity.
Learn more about our Business Services...
North Suffolk Mental Health Association - I Will Hire
Goodwill is about connecting qualified job seekers with employers.